The strain gauge sensor GE1029 measure the surface-strain directly at the mounting location in the same quality as bonded strain gages.
The press-on technology, developed by Sensormate AG, presses the strain gauges under the stainless protective film so strongly against the surface to be measured that frictional contact occurs.
The sensor does not have to be recalibrated between remove and re-installation.
The sensor is mounted using stainless steel straps, is non-destructive, very fast and simple.
For each tie-bar diameter outside tolerance of ± 2.5mm a different pair of steel straps is required.
The sensor can not be overloaded.
The GE1029 sensors require a cyclic reset.
- Direct measurement of surface strain
- Quick and easy non-destructive assembly
- High accuracy and linearity in tension and pressure (like bonded strain gauges)
- Ideal for use on presses, injection-moulding and die-casting machines
- One system for many different tie bar diameters (25…400mm)
- Dynamic applications
- Without amplifier (passive)
- Ideal for online monitoring of clamping force
- Ideal for s